There is now a whole new way to enjoy your DJI drone with the release of the Drone Prix app. Augmented reality company Edgybees used DJI’s SDK to create the app and it’s the first AR (augmented reality) mobile application that works with DJI drones. The app is compatible with the Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and the Mavic Pro.
The Drone Prix app is an AR game that blends real world flying with virtual flight courses that has collectables and obstacles along the path. It’s a fun and creative way to enjoy your drone and you can compete with other pilots all over the world. There is a global leaderboard where you can compare your times with other app users. Edgybees CTO and Co-Founder says „When we first came up with the idea for this app, we wanted to create a new experience for pilots combining the joys of flying with the thrills of gamification. The Drone Prix AR app is really the first augmented reality social game designed specifically to do just that. In contrast with flight simulators, Drone Prix AR provides a much more immersive experience that combines virtual obstacles with real-life piloting skills. DJI’s Mobile SDK allowed us to bring our idea to life very quickly and we are really excited to see how this app will change the way people experience flying a drone.“
- Solo Mode – Try to beat your own best score by racing against the clock
- Competition Mode – Fly against other drone pilots to reach the top of the leaderboard
- Flight Assistant – A track guide helps you stay on course while flying through the virtual track
- Multiple Courses – There are over 30 different tracks to fly through with varying difficulty levels
- Social – You can link to your Facebook account to share your top scores and achievements with your friends